Monitoring of areas affected by fires and windfalls
- near-real-time detection of forest and peat fires;
- forecasting forest fires distribution on the basis of meteorological and pyrotechnics insights;
- identification and evaluation of burnt areas, monitoring of the emergence of new areas damaged by fire;
- identification of forest areas completely or partially felled by hurricane winds, determination of areas damaged by windfalls;
- assessment of economic and environmental damage.
Methods: automated and visual interpretation of high and medium resolution satellite images, creation of multitemporal composites.Results: thematic maps of fires and windfalls, statistical reports containing the location and scale of areas damaged by fire / windfalls occurred during a certain period of time, damage assessment.
|Large area damaged by fire (2230 ha) is colored with green||
Contour of burnt areas obtained automatically
|Windfalls on the synthesized color image (resolution - 2.5 m)||
Windfalls on the synthesized color image (resolution - 2.5 m)
Map of stocktaking network overlaid with forest area layer