Geology and mining
The variability of resources requires sophisticated technology to discover, extract and manage. Geospatial technology is well suited to assist in many phases of the mining company's operation.
Spatial data and information technologies give mining companies the tools they need to operate responsibly and efficiently. Geospatial data help to mitigate the risks inherent in mining by providing clear insight for capital investment and daily operations. Satellite imagery of very high resolution reveals what you visually cannot see: pathfinder minerals, small outcrops, and detailed structures in remote regions.
SOVZOND implements geospatial projects to support geology and mining companies providing:
- high detailed spatial data sets provision, including precise elevation models;
- geological data identification and structural analysis;
- surface distortions detection;
- surface movement monitoring;
- seismic program planning and execution;
- sites recovery support after resource extraction;
- geoecological monitoring.
Zagros Mountains, Iran. Landsat-7 satellite image, 30 m