Digitizing is one of the most common tasks which GIS specialists encounter in their work. The huge cartographic archive in paper form needs to be converted into digital form for easy integration in GIS space with other types of spatial data.
- a large number of satellites including space crafts equipped with high resolution cameras provide specialists with operative and reliable spatial information;
- image positioning accuracy runs up to 3-4 m (without requiring any ground control for registration);
- high performance and quick data downlink;
- saving time for images delivery due to thedevelopment of virtual machine concept;
- widely used network technologies, an Internet service provides a direct data access;
- fairly low cost of remote sensing data, as well as low image processing cost (compared with aerial photography and geodetic methods).
Vectorization of buildings and infrastructureon the basis of high resolution WorldView-1 image (1:5000)
|A fragment of a vector map (1:5000)|
Creating and updating maps is the necessary stage of geoinformation systems (GIS) development for different sectors of the economy. SOVZOND Company has a great experience in topographic and thematic mapping application of remote sensing data and GIS. SOVZOND cartographic products are highly-qualified and characterized by clear design.
SOVZOND Company produces highly- qualified topographic maps and plans on the basis of modern technologies and information processing. The specialists of the company use widely satellite imagery along with field data, Global Navigation Satellite System (GLONASS/GPS) and GIS in our work.
In addition to standard scale series of topographic maps, SOVZOND Company offers customers exclusive cartographic products such as "5+" and "10+" maps.