According to statistics, the organization of geodata banks takes up 80% of labor costs from the creation of the entire GIS. Inappropriate storage organization and the lack of multi-user editing of data lead to the fact that the main part of the work is the search for the current version of the dataset, creating a contemporary version of a few files that are edited by different users.
The main advantages of geodata banks are:
- efficiently organized data protection;
- standardized and unified storage base;
- optimized data processing;
- centralized storage of spatial data from different sources
- Designing the model of the subject domain:
- designing relational model of attribute data spatial data sets;
- designing topological model of spatial data, definition of topological rules and relationships between sets of features.
- filling geodata banks in accordance with the developed logical structure;
- сreation of topologically correct spatial model.
- installation and configuration of the GDB server;
- connecting client applications to the geodata banks server.
Proper organization of geodata banks has allowed customers to minimize the possibility of unauthorized access to data, optimize business processes, reduce time spent on manual labor and eliminate human error when manually entering information. Multiuser editing of the data provided a boost to the relevance of spatial data, has increased the productivity of employees and reduced costs for the maintenance of the system.