The metadata portal is intended for creation, storage, retrieval, visualization of information about the presence, location and characteristics of spatial data sets of cartographic products and supporting documentation, as well as to quickly obtain the required data on your computer. The metadata portal may be implemented at the level of a single organization (for receiving information about the data stored in the internal network of the organization or on its remote servers) and at the global level.
Geoportal can be used to search and access the following information resources:
- the spatial data sets stored in digital form in geodatabases (space images, vector, raster layers, documentation, etc.);
- open data sources located on servers of third-party organizations (image coverage of Landsat, digital model of SRTM grounds, Google resources, etc.);
- paid data sources (catalog of satellite images and cartographic information of the SOVZOND Company, etc. )
The organization of such set of metadata enables searching for the necessary spatial data and supporting documentation on geographically distributed servers from a single window using a predetermined set of criteria.
According to a search result, the user receives information about the availability of spatial datasets on the territory of the requested territory in two versions:
- in the form of a list of records (names of information resources) with the ability to view all available information (metadata) for each found resource;
- on the review electronic map of boundaries of coverage areas (extents) of information resources found; in addition, a relationship between the elements shown on map and the elements of the list of records of found resources is provided.
SOVZOND Company offers its services for the creation of geoportals:
- designing logic models, developing thematic dictionaries and classifiers;
- creation of metadata profiles;
- the creation of a system of collecting, storing and publishing of metadata spatial data sets;
- creation of search and visualization system of metadata about the presence, location and characteristics of geodatasets.