In Web GIS, almost all the features available in desktop GIS can be implemented: map navigation, data editing, spatial analysis, search, geocoding and more.
To work in Web-GIS the user does not need specialized software or expertise of the GIS specialist. Only web browser and connection to the Internet is required.
The main advantages from the use of Web-GIS in comparison with desktop and mobile GIS are:
- Increasing of the availability of spatial data due to the possibility of access from personal computers, laptops, smartphones and tablets via web browsers.
- Reduced cost of purchasing desktop GIS applications.
- Centralizing storage, processing and data access.
GIS services are in the work base of Web-GIS, i.e. web services that provide access to spatial data, their processing, analysis, search and visualization. For example, mapping and GIS services are responsible for the map display, processing of the users ' requests; geoprocessing services are responsible for modeling and analysis of spatial relationships (build optimal routes for transportation, forecasting the spread of natural fires, the analysis of regularities in the occurrence of disease outbreaks, etc.).
SOVZOND Company provides a full cycle of works on creation of Web-GIS, including:
- creation of maps for display in a Web-GIS;
- Web GIS design;
- creation of GIS services that will ensure the processing of user requests;
- development of Web interface;
- installation and configuration of the Web GIS components;
- training users and administrators.
SOVZOND Company has developed Web GIS for several industries: 112 service, regional management, forestry and agriculture, oil and gas development, urban development. Examples of completed projects can be viewed in sections GB GIS and Corporate GIS.